Many women and a few men are obsessed with their neck. “My neck is saggy!” or “My neck is wrinkled!” are common refrains from “maturing” women. “What can you do to fix my neck?” is often one of the first questions we hear as the woman’s fingers reach for the skin just below her ears and lift!
It seems that everyone has tried pulling the skin of their face back with their fingers. They then hope that there is a simple way to get this result:
- without a major facelift
- without resultant downtime
- without major complications
- without major expense.
Minimally Invasive Neck Lift Surgery and Permanent Filler Yield Amazing Results
A minimally invasive neck lift will not only make your neck look better by removing that ugly neck waddle, but it will also remove jowls, mild wrinkles in the cheeks.
A minimally invasive neck surgery:
- has minimal down time.
- can be done under local anesthesia or conscious sedation
- does not require the drains that are often used in full facelifts.
- uses very short incisions around the ear so the scars are easy to hide.
The problem is that many patients miss what most people see and pick up on when they age; the lower eyelid bags and wrinkles around the mouth. That is where fillers play a part in minimally invasive refreshing of the face and permanent fillers like Bellafill are prefect for this.
- are more reliable and predictable than fat grafting that is usually used with facelifts and neck lifts.
- can be used to restore volume and remove wrinkles around the mouth and eyes that facelifts do not address.
- do not require repeated injections like other fillers.
Combined, these two facial rejuvenation techniques, Bellafill and a neck lift, offer a simple, comprehensive approach to looking younger. The tired look of lower eyelid bags as well as the sad look of lip wrinkles and marionette lines or laugh lines are removed by the filler called Bellafill. The neck jowls and cheeks are tightened and refreshed by the neck lift. This gives a comprehensive approach means that:
- the cost is less
- the scars are far shorter than a full facelift.
- bruising and swelling is usually minimal and hence recovery time is far less
Impressive, long last results can be achieved by combining these two plastic surgical techniques. The neck lift / permanent filler procedure does not result in a “done” look but rather a natural look that patients say makes them look like they feel, still young and vibrant.
More About Neck Lifts
There are many names and techniques for a neck lift or minimally invasive lift including:
- neck lift or cervicoplasty
- Quick Lift
- Lifestyle lift
All of the procedures that aim to tighten the skin of the neck and produce a more youthful chin neck angle. While the various neck lift procedures are similar, the goal is to get great results that have longevity but at the same time have minimal invasiveness, minimal scarring and minimal complication. Therefore, I like to use:
- A Short Scar Incision for your neck lift.
- Suturing of the muscles to give internal support and longevity.
- No drains to reduce post-operative neck lift pain and speed the recovery.
- Conscious sedation with lots of local anesthesia or tumescent anesthesia to reduce bruising, swelling and post-operative pain.
More About Permanent Fillers
Fillers can be used to correct problems like lower eyelid bags, and lip lines that some people call smoker’s lines. You do not have to have surgery for these problems. Conversely, creams and serums as well as light chemical peels and treatments like light laser, IPL and micro-needling will help but they will not really address the problem which is loss of volume.
One of the problems with fillers is that you have to come back all the time if you are getting injections with temporary fillers like Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm, Restylane, Scupltra, Radiesse and Belotero. The other filler that many surgeons use in FAT. But that requires another surgical site and the results are very unpredictable with the “take” on fat grafting being reported between 35 and 85%.
For these reasons, I prefer Bellafill which is a permanent filler. Even better, Bellafill is not really a filler after 6 months but your own tissue since Bellafill is really just a collagen injection which then askes your body to make its own tissue.
Bellafill Combined with a Neck Lift or Facelift
- is 100% predictable.
- Bellafill can be used:
- For under the eyes
- For marionette lines
For laugh lines or for nasolabial folds
- For chin creases
- For nose augmentation or to hide bumps and asymmetries
- For the temples
- For the lips
We have a lot of information about how Bellafill works, the concerns some people have about Bellafill problems and complications as well as the real science and you it can work for you here.
Please schedule a time to see if Permanent Fillers and a Minimally Invasive neck Lift will benefit you.