Why Not Inject Your Way to a Younger Face with an Injectable Filler that Lasts? BELLAFILL
Bellafill is a long lasting wrinkle filler that we know will last at least 5 years and, based on our experience with it, will likely last 10 plus year if not permanently.
“Why rent your filler?” is an expression that one very happy patient used.
By choosing Bellafill you get a filler that:
- Is much less expensive over time.
- Avoids regular maintenance injections
- Is very natural looking and feeling.
- Has a very low complication rate of 0.11%.
- Has immediate results.
- Can be used just about anywhere.
Bellafill Before and After 5 Year Follow Up
Before Bellafill for Laugh Lines
4 Months After Bellafill
5 Years after Bellafill
Why do you need a face filler like Bellafill?
We age in our face by losing volume and elasticity. Together these two age related changes cause:
- The fine lines around the mouth (“smokers lines” even you don’t smoke)
- The deeper smile lines and marionette lines (contributing to the sad look of older age)
- The hollow or sunken lower eyelids that accentuate the fat bags of the lower eyelids (creating the tired look that comes with “maturity”)
- Jowl formation
- Deeper chin creases
- Hollowing of the temples
These problems can be helped with fillers for rejuvenation. Most fillers work wonders, but they usually last 6 to 9 to 12 months.
Temporary fillers are:
- An expensive way to maintain that youthful look over time.
With Bellafill you can actually restore your facial volume and correct many facial aging problems for years.
What is Bellafill?
Bellafill is not really a filler. It is a two stage product that stimulates your body to create its own tissue.
- Stage I starts when Bellafill is injected. A syringe of Bellafill has:
- Bovine collagen, which makes up 80 to 90% of a syringe of Bellafill. Bovine collagen was used for years as a facial wrinkle filler but it only lasted about 3 to 6 months. This collagen gel gives you the instant volumizing result that Bellafill provides.
- PMMA (Poly methyl methacrylate microspheres) accounts for about 10 to 20% of Bellafill’s ingredients. These microspheres provide the structural support for your smoother, younger skin even after the collagen is reabsorbed by stimulating your own collagen production over 3 to 6 months.
- Stage II is when the bovine collagen has been completely absorbed in 3 to 6 months. Now Bellafill has essentially gone except for the tiny PMMA beads that are each about three times the size of a red blood cell (very, very small). Now the Bellafill is essentially just your own tissue and is why Bellafill creates such a natural feeling and natural looking results.
- Long-lasting results.
- Bellafill studies show that there is NO VOLUME LOSS AFTER 5 YEARS.
- Many patients come back at 8 and 9 years saying their Bellafill is working well.
- Excellent safety
- Bellafill® was FDA-approved for use in 2006.
- PMMA, the material that makes the small beads that stimulate collagen production in Bellafill, has been used in medicine since 1940.
- The overall complication rate for Bellafill is 0.11% which is actually lower than the complication rate for most other fillers which, according to the FDA’s most recent market surveillance data, is about 0.12% for fillers like Juvederm. Interestingly, the Bellafill complication rate is unchanged year over year. One would expect this rate to be going up because Bellafill is so long lasting but it is not increasing at all.
- Terrific patient satisfaction
No single cosmetic treatment is 100% satisfying to 100% of the patient but Bellafill® comes close.
- 91% of patients were likely to recommend Bellafill® in a consumer survey.
- A 5-year Bellafill study done for the FDA showed that 83% of Bellafill treated patients were satisfied to very satisfied with the appearance of their smile lines at the end of the 5 years.
- RealSelf “worth it” ratings (as of Feb/2019):
- Bellafill 93%
- Juvederm 92%
- Juvederm Voluma 83%
Dr. Windle is the Clinical Consultant for Suneva Medical, the makers of Bellafill.
In this role, Dr. Windle
- Helps the medical affairs department to address filler problems and concerns that have been brought to the company’s attention from around the US and Canada.
- He consults with other physicians and injectors to help them deal with concerns or problems that they may have with patients that have been treated with Bellafill.
- Reviews education material for physicians and manufacturer’s representatives.
- Reviews research material and study protocols.
Dr. Windle’s practice is a Regional Training Center for Suneva Medical.
In this role Dr. Windle
- Trains physician injectors as well as other injectors on the proper use of long term fillers like Bellafill. This includes the proper use of micro-cannulas and the best placement of Bellafill to help to avoid complications and improve results.
Bellafill or Artefill Can be Used Almost Anywhere Including:
- Bellafill for Lip Augmentation or Lip InjectionBefore and After Photos
- Bellafill for Smile Lines and Marionette Lines and LipsBefore and After Photos
- Bellafill for Laugh Lines or Nasolabial FoldsBefore and After Photos
- Bellafill for Lower Eyelid Bags or Tear Trough Before and After Photos
- Bellafill Nose Job or Liquid RhinoplastyBefore and After Photos
Artefill Rebranded to Bellafill
Many patients ask about Artefill and how is it like Bellafill. Bellafill is really Artefill. On December 1, 2014 the makers of Artefill decided to rebrand the product to Bellafill. Many have asked why and the fact is that in Canada and Singapore, where the product is also sold, it is known as Bellafill and that name cannot be changed. In order to have one name across the nations, it was easier to rebrand Artefill to Bellafill.
Dr. Windle in his role as a Bellafill expert and consultant for Suneva Medical has answered many questions on RealSelf and other website platforms. His answers can be found here.
Bellafill or Artefill is Often Confused with Other Fillers
Many times patients say that they have a problem with their Bellafill injections but in fact they did not get Bellafill.
- Some patients got their “Bellafill” out of the country. Bellafill is the only injectable filler approved in the United States that fulfills the promise of lasting results. A filler called Aquamid is available in many countries. Aquamid is popular because it is a permanent filler but it has a reputation for causing bumps and other problems although some reputable overseas physicians use it and like it. When these patients come back to the US they sometimes think that they got Artefill. Bellafill should not to be confused with Aquamid which is a polyaldehyde based filler and is a permanent filler not sold in the US.
- Available for a over a decade now Bellafill, or Artefill, is the latest generation of this type of facial filler. The initial form of this filler was called Arteplast and later, after improvements, was called Artecoll. Artecoll was then further improved to the current Bellafill. Arteplast and Artecoll did have problems and unfortunately, on the internet, there is an impression that these products are the same as Bellafill.
What is the Cost of Artefill or Bellafill?
Since it lasts so long, Bellafill costs a little more but than Juvederm Voluma which is a two year filler but it lasts much longer (at least 5 years) and thus is a far greater value and the satisfaction rating is much higher with Bellafill. Our filler cost or price can be found here: Bellafill Cost or Price
What about Bellafill | Artefill Reviews?
There are many places to find reviews about Bellafill or Artefill as a filler. You can check our reviews of Bellafill or Artefill here.
Bellafill | Artefill has Been Used for Over 15 Years in various forms
Artefill injections were developed in the late 1980’s and have been used throughout Europe and Canada since the early 1990’s. It was refined and improved in the early 2000’s and was brought to the US market in 2003.
The results are very similar to results that can be obtained using other fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Juvederm Voluma and Radiesse. In some instances, such as under the eye or treating lower eyelid bags, the results can be better than with other fillers since Bellafill is so smooth and can be airbrushed into place with a cannula with more precision than some other fillers. The major difference is that results from Bellafill or Artefill are very long lasting.
How is Bellafill Injected?
The top or best Bellafill injectors will usually use a micro-cannula rather than a needle. These are essentially blunt needles in which the product comes out the side. Micro-cannulas are:
- Safer since they are far less likely to result in an injection of the filler like Bellafill into a blood vessel causing catastrophic injury.
- Far less painful than conventional needle injections of wrinkle fillers.
- More precise for a better Bellafill result. They allow the filler to be airbrushed into place.
- Produce less trauma than a needle so that your Bellafill injection will have less swelling and less bruising.
Artefill or Bellafill Skin Test
A skin test is available to make sure that you are not allergic to the bovine collagen contained in Bellafill. The skin test involves injection of a small amount of the collagen under the skin of the forearm. In Canada and Singapore no test is provided as there are rarely any reactions but it is available.
Who Should NOT Get Artefill or Bellafill?
Most individuals are good candidates for Bellafill however you should not get Bellafill or Artefill if you:
- Have a positive reaction to the Bellafill skin test.
- Have a history of severe allergies and hypersensitivity (anaphylaxis).
- Are allergic to the anesthetic (lidocaine) in Bellafill,
- Are prone to thick keloid scarring.
I am Interested in Bellafill! What Should I Do Next?
If you are considering Bellafill please contact us to schedule a consultation and/or treatment. During the visit, Dr. Windle will listen to your concerns carefully analyze your face, evaluate your situation and discuss your options. After careful analysis of your face, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
All treatments ArteFill Bellafill Botox Breast Augmentation Breast Implant Removal Breast Implant Revision Breast Implants Breast Reconstruction Breast Reduction Brow Lift Collagen Injection Eyelid Surgery Facelift Liposuction MACS Facelift Mentor Breast Implants Mommy Makeover MTF Facial Feminization Surgery Neck Lift Restylane Rhinoplasty Sientra Breast Implants Tummy Tuck Wrinkle Treatment
Disclaimer: Reviews shown here are curated from RealSelf. Results and patient experience may vary.
Dr. Brian Windle Plastic Surgery has patients that come for Bellafill or Artefill from the US and Canada, including Federal Way, Shoreline, Burien, Lynnwood, Seattle, Issaquah, Tacoma, Bellevue, Kirkland, Bothell, Redmond, Woodinville, Snohomish, Everett, Mill Creek, Edmonds, North Seattle, Auburn, Kent, Mercer Island, Renton, Sammamish, Marysville, Bremerton, Burien, West Seattle, Munroe, Ellensburg, Maple Valley, West Seattle, North Bend, Des Moines and Vancouver.(Edit)