Why Not Inject Your Way to Younger Face with an Injectable Filler that Lasts?
Lasting at least 5 years, Bellafill:
- Is much less expensive
- Far easier to have done once than having to get regular maintenance injections.
- Is the perfect long-lasting wrinkle filler choice because:
- It is safe
- It ends up being you own tissue
- It feels and looks natural.
The short term or temporary wrinkle like Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero, Radiesse and Sculptra fillers are eventually absorbed by your body and repeated injections are required to maintain the results you love.
Bellafill Before and After 5 Years
Before Bellafill for Laugh Lines
4 Months After Bellafill
5 Years after Bellafill
Dr. Windle is a Clinical Consultant for Suneva Medical, the makers of Bellafill.
In this role, Dr. Windle
- Helps the medical affairs department to address filler problems and concerns that have been brought to the companies attention from around the US and Canada.
- Reviews education material for physicians and manufacturer’s representatives.
- Reviews research material and study protocols.
Dr. Windle’s office is a regional training center for Suneva Medical, the makers of Bellafill.
In this role Dr. Windle
- trains physician injectors as well as other injector trainers at his office on the safe and proper use of long-term fillers like Bellafill. This includes the how to use micro-cannulas for the best placement of Bellafill to help to avoid complications and get improved results.
Dr. Windle Talks about the Risks of Fillers
Bellafill can be Placed in Many Areas of the Face
- Bellafill for Lip Augmentation or Lip Injection Before and After Photos
- Bellafill for Smile Lines or Marionette Lines and Lips Before and After Photos
- Bellafill or Laugh Lines or Nasolabial Folds Before and After Photos
- Bellafill for Lower Eyelid Bags or Tear Trough Before and After Photos
- Bellafill Nose Job or Liquid Rhinoplasty Before and After Photos
Bellafill Rebranded from Artefill
On December 1, 2014 the makers of Artefill, Suneva Medical, decided to rebrand the product to Bellafill. Many have asked why. In Canada and South Korea, where the Bellafill is also sold, Artefill was a name that could not be used for various reasons. On order to have one name across the US, Canada and South Korea, it was easier to rebrand Artefill to Bellafill.
Bellafill is FDA Approved
Bellafill has been FDA approved since 2006 as a laugh line filler or nasolabial fold filler and is the only filler approved as an acne scar treatment.
Bellafill is Often Confused with Other Fillers
Bellafill is the only injectable filler approved in the United States that fulfills the promise of lasting results. Available for a decade now Bellafill, originally called Artefill is the latest generation of this type of facial filler. The initial form of this filler was called Arteplast and later, after improvements, was called Artecoll. Artecoll was then further improved to the current Bellafill which is a polymethylmethacrylate and collagen filler. Bellafill should not to be confused with Aquamid which is a polyaldehyde based and is a permanent filler NOT available in the US.
Sometimes patients are travelling abroad and get treated with a filler called Aquamid. Frequently, they come back to the US thinking that they got Artefill. Aquamid is popular in South America and Asia because it is a permanent filler but it has a reputation for causing bumps and other problems although some reputable overseas physicians use it and like it.
What is the Cost of Artefill or Bellafill?
Since it lasts so long, Bellafill will cost more but than Juvederm Voluma which is a two year filler but it lasts much longer (at least 5 years) and thus is a great value. In fact, we have seen many patients who had Bellafill over 10 years ago and it is still working very well. Our filler cost or price can be found here: Bellafill or Artefill Cost or Price
Many patients require a few syringes to get their desires results and you will discuss your goals with Dr. Windle and select the appropriate amount of Bellafill to use. Although the initial cost of Bellafill may be higher than that of other injectable fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse, the long-lasting nature of Bellafill provides exceptional long-term savings.
What about Bellafill | Artefill Reviews?
Bellafill | Artefill has Been Used for Over 15 Years in various forms
Bellafill like injections were developed in the late 1980’s and have been used throughout Europe and Canada since the early 1990’s. It was refined and improved in the early 2000’s and was brought to the US market in 2003.
What is Bellafill and How Does It Work?
Bellafill is largely collagen. Each syringe consists of 85% hypoallergenic bovine collagen and the 13% polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA). The PMMA in Bellafill is like a pinch of flour that will act as bio-stimulant. Each tiny little bead of PMMA is only 40 microns in size or about 3 times the size of a red blood cell and each syringe of Bellafill has about 0.13 cc of PMMA in it.
Collagen is a well known filler that has been used for a long time. The collagen in Bellafill will be completely absorbed at 3 to 6 months. As the collagen is resorbed, your body makes new collagen and tissue around the PMMA to maintain the volume. Therefore, initially, Bellafill is a filler, but after the collagen is absorbed, Bellafill is a tissue replacement or volume replacement similar to fat grafting. The big difference is that, as opposed to fat that can have a variable take, Bellafill is 100% predictable.
How is Artefill or Bellafill Different from the Temporary Fillers?
The temporary fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Collagen, and Radiesse are all eventually absorbed by the body and repeat injections are required to maintain results usually at 10 to 24 months depending upon the filler. Bellafill is so long lasting since the PMMA microspheres in Bellafill are not absorbed by the body. These microspheres provide the permanent support needed for long-lasting wrinkle correction.
The results are very similar to results that can be obtained using other fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Juvederm Voluma and Radiesse. In some instances, such as under the eye or treating lower eyelid bags the results can be better than other fillers since Bellafill is so smooth and can be “airbrushed” into place with a cannula with more precision than some other fillers. The major difference is that results from Bellafill are very long lasting. Typically only 1 or 2 treatment sessions, about 3-4 are needed to get a beautiful lasting correction.
How is Bellafill or Artefill Injected
The top or best Bellafill doctors will usually use a micro-cannula rather than a needle. These are blunt needles in which the product comes out the side.
- Safer since they are far less likely to result in an injection of the filler like Bellafill into a blood vessel causing catastrophic injury.
- Far less painful than conventional needle injections of wrinkle fillers.
- More precise for a better Bellafill result. They allow the filler to be almost “airbrushed” into place.
- Produce less trauma than needle so that your Bellafill or Artefill injection will have less swelling and less bruising.
Bellafill Skin Test
A skin test is available to make sure that you are not allergic to the bovine collagen contained in Bellafill. The skin test involves injection of a small amount of the collagen under the skin of the forearm. In Canada and Singapore, no test is provided as there are rarely any reactions, but it is available.
Who Should NOT Get Artefill or Bellafill?
Most individuals are good candidates for Bellafill however you should not get Bellafill if you:
- Have a positive reaction to the Bellafill skin test.
- Have a history of severe allergies and hypersensitivity (anaphylaxis).
- Are allergic to the anesthetic (lidocaine) in Bellafill,
- Are prone to thick keloid scarring.
I am Interested in Bellafill! What Should I Do Next?
If you are considering Bellafill please contact us to schedule a consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Windle will listen to your concerns carefully analyze your face, evaluate your situation and discuss your options. After careful analysis of your face, we will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for this procedure, how many syringes would be best for you, and inform you of the alternatives and potential risks of the procedure.
Dr. Brian Windle Plastic Surgery has patients that come for Bellafill or Artefill from the US and Canada, including Federal Way, Shoreline, Burien, Lynnwood, Seattle, Issaquah, Tacoma, Bellevue, Kirkland, Bothell, Redmond, Woodinville, Snohomish, Everett, Mill Creek, Edmonds, North Seattle, Auburn, Kent, Mercer Island, Renton, Sammamish, Marysville, Bremerton, Burien, West Seattle, Munroe, Ellensburg, Maple Valley, West Seattle, North Bend, Des Moines and Vancouver.